The organizations that have made plenty of investments in the Microsoft software can utilize Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) as a benchmark for hiring support technicians and it can be also used as a training tool for development of the professionals.
To achieve this certification Microsoft presents only two core examinations:
Supporting Users and Troubleshooting a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System, that measures the skills of the candidates required for supporting users and troubleshooting the Windows XP operating system.
Supporting Users and Troubleshooting Desktop Applications on a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System that measures the skills needed to support and troubleshoot applications like Microsoft office or internet explorer running on Windows XP.
Any individual who is interested in making their career in IT can opt for this certification. MCDST certification validates the skills of help-desk technicians, customer-support representatives, PC support specialists, technical-support representatives, and technical-support specialists.
Benefits of MCDST certification:
- It simplifies the process and reduces the cost of recruiting and hiring the staff. It also reduces the time spent by the management and the inherent risk in the recruiting, hiring and promotional process.
- It lowers the costs involved in the training of the professionals.
- It provides a benchmark to the organization for recruiting their staffs.
- It provides a proof to the individuals for their abilities and skills.
- It provides a certification that increases the qualification of the individuals.
- It will be very beneficial for those individuals who are struggling for promotion.
The MS Press books are very good option for any Microsoft certification but there are various other Venders too who have published books for this certification.
For MCDST certification some excellent books are:
- MCDST: Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician Study Guide (Exams 70-271 and 70-272) by Bill Ferguson.
- MCDST Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-271): Supporting Users and Troubleshooting a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System by Walter Glenn.
- MCDST 70-272 Exam Cram 2: Supporting Users & Troubleshooting Desktop Applications on a Windows XP Operating System (Exam Cram 2) by Diana Huggins, Will Schmied, Ed Tittel.
In addition to the books, you can get a number of resources on the web. Some useful sites for you to get adequate knowledge about certifications and practical articles are:
mcpmag.com, microsoft learning, developer.com, csharpcorner.
Practice is the most important ingredient for success. Although you have studied appropriate books, reviewed effective articles, read tutorials and notes, they will not help you much, if you do not practicing at all.
Simulation exam provides you an environment of actual exam, which helps to discover where are you lacking and how far are you from success. It also enhances you confidence level.
Certification forums are a very good recourse for learning with others. With the help of forums you can clear you doubts, you can ask them about their study techniques, learn about other not popular certification resources and get moral support when you are tensed about your exam. Some good forums are:
www.mcse.ms, examnotes.net, redmondmag.com, forums.windrivers, mcmcse forums, forums.msdn.ph
Get prepare start now! "Kerja Keras Adalah Energi Kita"!
About the Author:
uCertify was formed in 1996 with an aim to offer high quality educational training software and services in the field of information technology to its customers. uCertify provides exam preparation solutions for the certification exams of Microsoft, CIW, CompTIA, Oracle, Sun and other leading IT vendors. To know more about uCertify, please visit http://www.ucertify.com/ ( kerja keras adalah energi kita ) Article Source: Free Article Directory - http://www.articleManiac.com Search And Submit Articles