Microsoft SQL Server is a relational database management system (RDBMS) produced by Microsoft. Its primary query language is Transact-SQL with it's most popular version Sql server 2005.
You can determine what version SQL Server is running by running:
Select @@version (Where @@Version is a system level variable that holds the current version).
How do I restict clients by IP Address?
As the SQL Server has no built-in support for restricting clients by IP address, the most common work-arounds are firewalls, IPSec, or third-party network layer filters to allow only certain source IP addresses and target TCP ports (the port on which SQL Server is listening).
What are some things I can do to secure my SQL Server?
- Keep up to date on SQL Server service packs and patches
- Audit SQL Server accounts for weak passwords
- Restrict access to the SQL Server to only trusted clients
- Use Windows Only authentication where possible
- Store SQL Server backup files in a secure location and encrypted
- Disable all netlibs if the SQL Server is local-only
- Regularly scan the installation with Microsoft's Baseline Security Analyzer
How to applying SQL Server Service Packs
Giles is a Sketch Artist, Asian Blogger and loves SQL Servers.
Article Source: Free Article Directory - Search And Submit Articles