Resource HackerTM is a handy utility to view, modify, rename, add, delete and extract resources in 32bit Windows executables and resource files (*.res). It incorporates an internal resource script compiler and decompiler and works on Win95, Win98, WinME, WinNT, Win2000 and WinXP operating systems.
- Images: Cursor, Icon, Bitmap, GIF, AVI, and JPG
- Audio: WAV and MIDI
- Decompiled script: Menus, Dialogs, MessageTables, StringTables, Accelerators, Delphi Forms, and VersionInfo.
- WYSIWYG: Menus and Dialogs can also be viewed as they would appear in a running application.
- Resources can be saved as:
- Image files (*.ico, *.bmp etc)
- Script files (*.rc)
- Binary resource files (*.res) or
- Untyped binary files (*.bin)
- Resources can be modified by replacing the resource with:
- A resource located in another file (*.ico, *.bmp, *.res etc)
- Internal resource script compiler (for menus, dialogs etc).
- Dialog controls can also be visually moved and/or resized by clicking and dragging the respective dialog controls prior to recompiling with the internal compiler.
- Resources can be added to an application by copying them from external resource files (*.res).
- Most compilers add resources into applications which are never used by the application.
- Removing unused resources can reduce an application's size.
This Resource HackerTM software is released as freeware by Angus Johnson, © Copyright 1999-2004.
Download Resource Hacker 3.4
Resource Hacker tutorial